Notification No. 2/2021 concerning the list of restricted chemicals
- In exercising the power conferred by Article 5 (h) and Article 47 of the Prevention from the Danger of Chemical and Associated Materials Law, the Central Body for the Prevention from the Danger of Chemical and Associated Materials under the Ministry of Industry issued the Notification No.2/2021 on 19th November 2021 concerning the list of restricted chemicals.
- The following (3) chemicals, listed under the list of prohibited chemicals that were published via the Notification No.4/2020 dated 9th November 2020, are classified as the restricted chemicals to be used for manufacturing industry.
- Borax Decahydrate
- Mineral Oil
- Boric Acid
- However, the above (3) chemicals are not allowed to be used for manufacturing food and insecticide.
- The users of the above (3) chemicals shall abide the existing rules, regulations, laws and procedures in addition to the following instructions;
- To prescribe the material safety data sheet in Myanmar Language (such as the information on the Hazar Identification, First -aid Measures, Fire Fighting Measures, Accidental Release Measure, Handling and Storage, Exposure Controls/ Personal Protection)
- To identify and classify the chemicals and to describe label and affix the sign and figure to notify the danger in Myanmar language in accordance with the specific standards of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals
- To apply for the registration certificate for the chemical and related substances that will be used in his/her business and the importation of the chemical and related substances will not be allowed if the amount exceeds the amount granted via the registration certificate
- To perform the effective management on direct impact which causes danger to the health and life of human beings (such as Skin (or eye) contact, Inhalation (breathing), swallowing (ingestion or eating) and Breathing of contaminated air)
- To wear Personal protective equipment while using the chemicals
- To discard the wastes (including the containers) released from the chemical and related substances businesses in accordance with the regulations published for the Waste treatment Facilities
|Issue Date ||2021-11-19
|Legal Type ||Notification
Ministry of Industry
Central Supervisory Board