Notification/Newsletter No. 1/2022 concerning the list of tariff lines that are subject to Import licensing
1. With a view to remedy negative impacts of the COVID -19 pandemic on the businesses, to adjust the use of foreign currency, and to ensure the fair and equitable application of import licenses and administration, some tariff line items imported into Myanmar will be subject to import license.
2. In this regard, the Department of Trade, as the 1st phase, issued the Notification No. 18 /2021, dated 9 November 2021 concerning the list of the tariff line items that are subject to import licensing. According to the Notification No. 18 /2021, 1428 tariff lines at the HS 6-digit level (or) 3070 HS lines at the 10-digit level, comprising electronic goods, some food stuff, cosmetics, consumer goods, paper products, and construction materials, have been subject to import licensing starting from 1 January, 2022.
3. As the 2nd phase, the Department of Trade issued the Notification/ Newsletter No. 1 /2022, dated 25 January 2022 concerning the list of tariff lines that are subject to import license. According to the Newsletter No. 1 /2022, 451 tariff lines at the HS 6-digit level (or) 826 tariff lines at the HS 10-digit level, comprising some food stuffs, plastic semi-finished products and household goods, wood pulp, silk yarns, cotton yarn, glass wares, bicycles and car spare parts shall be subject to import license starting from 1-3-2022.
4. Not only the newly published list prescribed in the above paragraph (3) but also (3931) tariff lines at the HS 10-digit level, provided in the annex of the Notification No.68/2020, and 3070 tariff lines at the HS 10-digit level, provided in the annex of export/import Newsletter 18/2021 shall be subject to import license. All products listed in the annex of this Notification are allowed to be imported into Myanmar by land, sea, and air after obtaining an import license from the Department of Trade starting from 1-3-2022 , in line with prescribed laws, rules, and regulations
5. The rest of the tariff line items that are subject to import licensing will be published in accordance with the Export and Import Law.
- Agency Department of Trade
- Category Import
|File Name||Language||File Size||Download|